Rally Day in September is the kick off to the NSCC program year. Please check the newsletter for 2012 details.
Sunday Activities for Children
For the 2012-2013 Program Year at North Shore Congregational Church
- Crib & Crawler for newborns through two-year-olds is open and staffed on Sunday mornings, 9:00-noon.
- Church School classes for three-year-olds through seventh graders meet on Sunday mornings, 9:15-10:15 in various rooms.
We use the Feasting on the Word for our curriculum for all ages, including parents.
Family Mission meets in the church kitchen on the first Sunday of each month after worship. We prepare bag lunches for "Repairers of the Breach" daytime homeless shelter.
Children actively participate in Sunday worship:
- Our younger Children are invited to serve as acolytes at the start of the 10:30am worship hour by carrying the light into the sanctuary during the prelude. Please join NSCC acolytes by signing up on the bulletin board in the main hall.
- Children liturgists who are in grades 4-7 are encouragd to participate in the 10:30am worship hour.
- Godly Fun is an optional activity time during the latter portion of the 10:30am worship service (approximately 10:50-11:30) for three-year-olds through third graders. (No "Godly Fun" is available on communion Sundays as children remain in worship, but the Crib and Crawler is open and staffed.)
- Children's Choir rehearses during the latter portion of the 10:30am worship service (approximately 10:50-11:30) in the Chapel.